You know a strong mission statement matters. But it’s a tough job to boil down the essence of the work your organization does. Coetic’s Mission Rater Tool is a great resource to help your team get to a strong mission statement and more. Here’s a quick list of the needs we support with the Mission Rater, and some tips on what to do once feedback is in hand.
7 Ways to Use the Mission Rater for a Strong Mission Statement
- Evaluate your current mission, purpose, core values.
- Test ideas for how you’ll communicate your vision for an important initiative.
- Compare your mission with your marketing materials.
- Find opportunities to improve branding messages.
- Re-examine your purpose as you expand to new product or service lines.
- Remind your team how important it is to commit time and attention to mission.
- See whether you’re communicating your core values the way you hope to.
7 Great Post Mission Rater Discussions for a Strong Mission Statement
- Is the purpose we’re communicating the purpose we WANT to communicate?
- Does the purpose we’re communicating align with our strategy?
- Is the way we state our purpose still relevant, and is it going to be relevant in 5 years?
- Are we (as leaders) living our mission?
- What ratings of our mission statement are we proudest of?
- From the mission statement ratings, what insights did we learn that could benefit us?
- Which rating dimension feels like it matters most to our success right now?
Comment Below: What does your stated purpose, mission, vision, or core values bring to your team or organization?
More Coetic Mission Statement Resources:
- More Mission & Purpose Blog Posts – We believe in supporting organizations to fulfill their unique purpose and vision.
- Mission Rater Tool – Submit your stated mission, purpose, vision, values, branding messages, etc. Get expert ratings on the research-based dimensions that matter.
- WorkWeek Nudges – Work on building an organization focused on your mission, with high-impact easy actions delivered weekly.
- Communication Whiteboard Tool – Create a fun virtual graffiti conversation within your team or organization about why you bring value to the world with your mission.
- Mission Statements Brief in Coetic People Science– Learn the science of great mission statements.
- Mission Alignment Brief in Coetic People Science– Learn the science of bringing your mission statement to life in your organization.