Our Policies, Terms, and Legal StuffThe big picture and the fine print. We work hard to make our policies clear and fair but, well, lawyers.
Your privacy is very important to us at Coetic. We want to be clear about how we treat your information and content, and the ways you can protect your privacy.
Identity & Access
When you sign up for a Coetic Account, we ask for your name, company name, and contact information. That’s so you can personalize your new account, and we can send you invoices, updates, or other essential information. We’ll never sell your personal info to third parties.
When you write Coetic with a question or to ask for help, we’ll keep that correspondence, and the email address, for future reference. When you browse our marketing pages, we’ll track that for statistical purposes (like conversion rates). We also store any information you volunteer, like surveys, for as long as it makes sense.
The only times we’ll ever share your info:
- To provide products or services you’ve requested, with your permission.
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
We use the information we collect for a variety of purposes, including:
- Provide, operate, maintain, improve, personalize, and promote our Services;
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- Enable you to access and use our Services;
- Process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Communicate with you, including responding to your comments, questions, and requests; providing customer service and support; providing you with information about services, including technical notices, updates, security alerts, administrative messages, or advertising or marketing messages; and providing other news or information about us and our select partners;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services; and
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to our Services, and other illegal activities.
We may also use the information we collect for other purposes about which we notify you.
Coetic won’t hand your data over to law enforcement unless a court order says we have to. We flat-out reject requests from local and federal law enforcement when they seek data without a court order. And unless we’re legally prevented from it, we’ll inform you when such requests are made.
All data is encrypted via SSL/TLS when transmitted from our servers to your browser. The database backups are also encrypted. Data isn’t encrypted while it’s live in our database (since it needs to be ready to send to you when you need it), but we go to great lengths to secure your data at rest — you can read more about that on our security page.
EU-US Privacy Shield & US-Swiss Safe Harbor Policy
In compliance with the U.S.-E.U. and U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Principles, we strive to resolve all complaints about privacy and the collection or use of customer information. If you have questions about our participation in the Safe Harbor program or have a complaint, please send an e-mail to [email protected]. For more information, see our EU-US Privacy Shield & US-Swiss Safe Harbor policy.
Changes & Questions
Coetic may update this policy once in a blue moon — we’ll notify you about significant changes by emailing the account owner or by placing a prominent notice on our site. You can access, change or delete your personal information at any time.
We energize organizations to be great places to do meaningful work together. Our Strategic HR ToolKits make strong people practices smooth and effective.
The Coetic® name is the exclusive trademark of STRAmetrics, LLC. All rights in this web site and our software are reserved. Copyright © 2017 STRAmetrics, LLC.